If you have been with us for a while, you already know…
Roe v. Wade is gone, but babies are still being legally murdered in all 50 states.
In 2023, an estimated 19,000 preborn babies will still be murdered by self-managed abortion on Texas soil. And if some estimates are accurate, across the country an estimated 1.1 million plus will have been murdered, the highest number in at least 13 years.
That means abortion numbers nationwide could be going up not down.
Now is not the time to declare victory, or start counting “abortion-free” states… because there aren’t any.
That’s the bad news.
The good news is that abolitionists are making progress.
Equal protection is getting harder to ignore.
In 2023, through the work of Abolish Abortion Texas and many grassroots activists, we had equal protection bills filed in both the Texas House and the Senate for the first time! Representatives in Austin are starting to take notice.
And the Foundation to Abolish Abortion helped draft legislation for 12 equal protection bills filed in 10 different states. In fact, a record number of equal protection bills were filed across the country during the 2023 legislative season!
And we have big plans for 2024, but we need your help.
While equal protection is gaining momentum, we still face massive obstacles:
- Most pro-life Christians don’t even know that abortion is still legal in their pro-life states.
- Pro-Life headlines are misleading people to believe that many states are now abortion-free, when they’re not.
- Most Pro-Life organizations remain silent about equal protection (even when bills are filed in their states).
- Pro-Life lobbyists and politicians are even actively opposing equal protection bills when they do get filed.
Even so, we still believe that when we follow God’s Word to love our preborn neighbors as we love ourselves…
And when we seek to do His will His ways we can and should trust Him with the results.
He is awesome in His power and does mighty things with even a small army of those who will walk by faith and not by sight.
In spite of the obstacles, now is not the time to get discouraged.
With the LORD’s help, in 2024 we plan to:
- Assist at least 16 states with drafting and filing equal protection legislation.
- Combat misinformation and reach millions more pro-life Christians with the truth that abortion is not yet abolished and there is still work to do even in Pro-Life states.
- Train new advocates to effectively reach their government officials.
- Provide principled leadership in Austin and help advance the fight for equal protection across the country.
We need you with us right now. We are already drafting legislation and preparing advocates for the 2024 legislative season.
Your donation TODAY will help ensure that we can be there to support abolitionist advocates here in Austin and across the country as they face massive opposition to equal protection for babies, often from people who should be on our side.
We want to encourage and equip these courageous Christians as they advocate for the lives of their littlest neighbors.
I’m excited about what God is doing through His people, and I hope you are too!
For life, for justice, and for the glory of God,
Abolish Abortion Texas
Foundation to Abolish Abortion